Monday, April 11, 2011

Review: Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Delirium by Lauren Oliver


About the book:
Delirium is a Dystopian book written by Lauren Oliver. And it´s the first book in a trilogy.

Lauren Oliver was known for her first debut novel Before i Fall, which was released in March 2010. And then Delirium was released in February 2011.

Read: March 2011
Language: English

From Goodreads:
Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy. But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love

The Story:
It´s about Lena a young girl who lives in what we would look on as a possible future. Where everything is different. Then there are a lot of rules and they are always being watched.

When they turn 18 years they are suppose to get a cure against the most dangerous sickness, Love. Love can be deadly and therefor they have made a rule that everyone should be cured and matched with a partner, for the futures best. Not with who they have anything in common with. It doesn´t matter. Because when you are cured, you have no worries.

But just weeks before Lena´s long waited cure is coming up, she meets some one. Alex is different, but what is it?
Will she ever get to know him. And what happens when you get cured? So many questions in Lena´s life. Will she figure out what to do. She sure finds out that everything is not always what you are told they are. So what about her future? What will it bring.


My Opinion:
I liked this book. Though I thought it was a bit slow in the beginning. I had to read really far into the book before I started to get into the story and just read without thinking. Keep on reading keep on reading. Though I like the plot and the characters or.. yes and no. I got a little irritated on Lena sometimes, because she just kept saying things who didn´t match into what she had discovered and therefor should have learned and grown to. So she was a bit slow when it came to learning by it all..

But other then that I loved the romance in it, even though it took sometime, to long time, before anything happened. And I loved the twist about Love being a sickness. :) That´s something new to me. And the whole way their community works, make you think a little :)

My Conclusion:
So all in all I liked the book. But I chose to give it 4 out of 6 stars.

Thats because it took to long before I really got into the story and because I got a little annoyed on the main character. And yeah not a hugh fan of the ending. But I am looking forward to read the sequal, because I have no clue about, how the story will continue :P

The sequal will be called Pandemonium and is going to be released February 2012.

Also check out:
- Authors homepage
- Read about and add to Goodreads

Have you read this book? What did you think.? Feel free to share your link to your review.


~MoonStar~

2 comments:

  1. I thought perhaps the book would be slow in the beginning. Thanks for the review! :D I'd like to see if I thought Lena was whiny. :D haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to read your review on it when you get to read it :)

    ReplyDelete