Monday, January 17, 2011

Review: Divine by Choice

Divine by Mistake by P.C Cast



About the book:
This book is written by P.C Cast. And is the second book in the Partholon series.
You have to have read the first book of the series, to get the best out of this one :)
ISBN13: 9780373802517
432 pages

Read: December 2010
Language: Norwegian

From Goodreads:

Shannon Parker has finally come to terms with life in the mythical world of Partholon. She loves her centaur husband, her connection to the goddess Epona and the pampering that comes with both! She's almost forgotten her old life on Earth—especially when she discovers she's pregnant….

Then a sudden burst of power sends her back to Oklahoma. Without magic, Shannon can't return to Partholon—and so she needs to find help. Trouble is, it might take the form of a man as tempting as her husband. And along the way she'll discover that being divine by mistake is a lot easier than being divine by choice….


About the Story:
This is the continues story about Shannon Parker. She has a wonderful life in Partholon with her husband, when weird things starts to happen. Then she is being brought back to her old life and something evil follows her true the travel between worlds.
She tries to gain her old life, but everything has changed. After Rhiannon has been living her life, and not really liking it. Rhiannon has made some changes, which makes it more difficult for Shannon to cope in her old life.
But how to get rid of the evil. Because if she wants to return to Partholon to his wonderful husband, she has to get rid of the evil lurking around in her old world.
Will she make it with some help from some friends. And will she be able to return, after getting a hang of her old life back. You have to read to find out ;)

My Opinion:
Great book. Couldn´t cope 100% with the first book. But it was awesome anyway. I read the whole books in like 2 days which is for me insanely fast xD
I just couldn´t put it down because I had to know what would happen. Since I knew there also is a book number 3 :P

My Conclusion:
I give it 4 out of 6 stars.
Based out of the fact that it is not as good as the first one. It´s a little long at some times, where you feel nothing is happening. But in fact things happens. Don´t know if that makes any sense at all xD And I missed all the laughing points. There are not all the fun comments as you found through the whole first book. I missed that. But I can also see that it wouldn´t really have fitted in to the story plot either. But I am really looking forward to read the third book. Which hopefully will arrive in my mailbox soon :P

Also check out:
- Review Book 1- Divine by Mistake
- Review Book 3- Divine by Blood (coming later)
- Giveaway Divine by Mistake
- Add it/read about it on Goodreads
- Authors homepage


Have you read this book? What did you think.? Feel free to share your link to your review.


~MoonStar~


1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this just yet! but I'm thinking I should. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete