Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Review: Die for me by Amy Plum


Die for Me by Amy Plum



KoblingThe Book:
This is the first book in the Revenants series by Amy Plum. The second book Until I Die, is expected released in 2012.
This is a modern zombie/immortal story. For teens/young adults.

Read: July 2011
Language: English

Summary: (from Goodreads)
In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.

In this incandescent debut, newcomer Amy Plum has created a powerful paranormal mythology with immortal revenants. The Paris setting comes enchantingly alive as a relentless struggle between good and evil takes place in its streets. Rich with romance, atmosphere, and thrills, Die for Me will leave readers breathlessly awaiting its sequel.


The Story:
Two young girls travel to live with their grandparents in Paris, since theire parents past away in a car accident.
The two sisters are very different, one love partying etc. The other one keeps to her self.
We follow the youngest sister Kate, who enjoys being alone, reading etc.
But her quiet life turns up side down, when she meets a mystery boy, Vincent.
Vincent is not any kind of a boy, his a Revenant.

My Opinion:
I absolutely adored this book. One of my favorites this year. It had my breathtaking from the beginning till the end :) And when I finished it, I just wanted to start reading it all over again. Which I have never done before. So think my next audiobook, will be Die for me :D
So as you probably already guessed, I rated this book 6 out of 6 stars.


It´s a magical love story, who has you binded to turning the pages :)
And I am just super excited about the sequel, just to bad I have to wait that long :(
But what are you waiting for, go pick up the book ;)

Also check out:
- Read about or add to Goodreads
- Authors homepage
- Review of book 2 (coming later)

Have you read this book? Are you just as excited about the sequel as me :D

~MoonStar~

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! :D I can't wait to start this. I think it'll be my next read after this e-book! There's a sequel? I thought it was a stand alone book. O.O Obviously I was wrong! haha. Well, I'm glad theres a second book. <3 Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome. I have read both great reviews and not so great reviews on this book so I have been torn on reading it for some time now. I will probably have to get a copy soon though because I personally think I will like the story.
    Thanks for the great review. :)

    ReplyDelete