And will join on telling you about my 2012 reads :D
1. Best Book You Read In 2012?
My absolut best read in 2012 where The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh.
Though it is not a fantasy book. And this is a fantasybookblog, I must say:
Spectral by Shannon Duffy was one of my favourites. Followed by others :)
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Without of doubt Hunger Games 3: Mockingjay.. WTF... I almost ended reading that book several times.. I only continued it.. Coz I knew I would never forgive myself if I didn`t get to know the ending. But know.. I am like.. Awww.. whatever... I should just have put it away xD
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012? Again Spectral by Shannon Duffy. I did not have any expetations for this book at all.. But I swallowed it whole :P
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?Insight and See series, both by Jamie Magee.. Because not a lot people know of them and I love her writing :) So I hope more people will get theire eyes up, for her books :) And read these lovelies.
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?It`s not really a series, both Trylle Triology by Amanda Hocking.
I read all three books during 2012. And loved all of them. One of my favourite series. :)
And I will out of doubt check out more of her books, in 2013
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
I must say Amanda Hocking :) sins I love all her books so far..
And I loved the book Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn, so hopefully I will read more by her.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Since this is a Fantasy only blog. I am always in my comfort zone xD haha
Though I had never read a reaper book before.. Or have read with reapers. But not a human - reaper (death guy) romance book :P So Inbetween by Tara Fuller, was something different for me.
I just look forward to the sequel to come out :D
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
Probably Spectral by Shannon Duffy again again :P Coz I could not put it away..
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:None of them.. Not that they were great.. But I got so many new books I need to read in 2013. So I will not have time to re-read them..
Though maybe in a couple of year, I might want to re-read Trylle triologi or Voices of Dragons :)
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
Male characters I fell in love with Cash from Inbetween. And therefor I look forward to the sequel. Coz he will be one of the main characters, while in Inbetween his just the friend in the back.. But you still fall in love with him :P That tells a lot ;)
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?I think all of Jamie Magees books are very beautifully written.. She has this special magic in her writing style.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
Hunger Games 2 and 3.. Coz everyone were taking about them.. And the sequel I loved but the third one I was like.. awww...seriously.. Did I just use my time reading this crap.. Because I got so frustrated on the characters.. So for me I am kinda glad the series is over :/
I loved the first one.. My favourite.. They should have stopped there.. Even though the sequel was really good aswell.. Loved it.. But it ended so open, so you needed an ending :( Yeah.. I could keep on talking about this.. haha
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
Yeap.. Makes no sence after what I wrote just above.. But Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire.
It was really good :) And I can`t belive I waited so long to read it..
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
(...) When you meet your chosen partner. (...) your chosen partner was an extension of yourself. That without your partner, you`re only half of the person you are meant to be. When you connect with them, you finally feel complete.
Don`t you ever lost it? I mean don`t you ever just wanna rip somebody`s heart out and beat them over the head with it.?
Awake at Dawn
Personally for me, wearing a thong is like flossing you ass.
Awake at Dawn
I`m patient Kylie. I`ve waited eleven years for you. I can wait until you`re ready.
Awake at Dawn
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
Shortest - The Beginning by Jennifer Malone Wright.. First book in a series of short stories called The Vampire Hunters Daughter. The first book has 19 pages. The sequels around 20-40 pages.
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
I must say Hunger Games 3.. While reading this book I wrote with my best friend on Facebook about all my WTF moments and frustration.. No spoilers here ;)
I read a spoiler online before getting that far into the book.. And I was dissapointed for days afterwards.. :(
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Cash and Emma`s friendship from Inbetween :)
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read PreviouslySee by Jamie Magee.. I loved her Insight series.. But I kinda like See more :P
Though these two are going to be bound together soon :) I can`t wait
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:Not really anyone this year.. Though I have been slow on picking up Hunger Games 2.. And I think I only picked it up coz my best friend said it was one of the best books :)
This list is like so insanly long xD haha I have a couple on my I need to read list for 2013.
Here are some of them.. Books I own, but haven`t gotten to quite yet.
- Miss Peregrine`s home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.
- Crossed by Ally Condie (Matched #2)
- The name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- A game of Thrones by George R.R Martin
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
The same as above :)
But I also very much look forward to get started on The Passage by Justin Cronin. Which have been sitting on my shelf since it got published. It`s such a big book, so I haven`t gotten to it yet. But I think I will get to read it during 2013 :)
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?I hope that I get better to publish my reviews, a long with my reading.. So I don`t have this long list of books I need to review.. And I also need to be more sceptical to which books I say yes to review.. So I can get to read some of all the books that I already have on my shelf and Ereader
I look forward to all the great reading times I will have.. And wish you all a great reading year with loads of nice moments :)