Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Review: Goddess Boot Camp by Tera Lynn Childs

Goddess Boot Camp 
by Tera Lynn Childs 

 About the Book:
This is the second and last book in Oh. My. Gods written by Tera Lynn Childs.
Where you meet people who are descendents of the greek gods.
The first book was called Oh. My. Gods and was published in 2008, while this one was published in 2009.I already read and reviewed the first book, so click the link in the bottom of this blogpost, to read my review of book 1.
This author is also known for some other serieses. Fins, about mermaids. And Medusa Girls about descendents of Medusa.
You can also find some short stories, related to Oh.My.Gods, on her webpage.

ISBN13: 9780525421344
264 pages

Read: July 2011
Language: English

Summary: (From Goodreads)
Phoebe, who recently discovered she's a descendant of Nike (the goddess, not the shoe), is finding that supernatural powers come with a crazy learning curve. Her stepfather, headmaster of the Academy for descendants of the Greek gods, has enrolled her at Dynamotheos Development Camp - aka Goddess Boot Camp - with a bunch of ten-year-olds for the summer. Embarrassing as that is, hopefully it'll help her gain control over her powers in time to pass the test of the gods, continue training hard enough to qualify for the Pythian Games, and enjoy her godly boyfriend, Griffin, all while avoiding the ultimate mistake of accidentally misusing powers.

It's another fast-paced myth-inspired heroine's quest that's sure to bring out the goddess in anyone.


My Opinion:
I really enjoyed this book. And I finished it in two days. Though this one was not as good as the first one. Compared to the first one there was not as much humor in it.
But as I said I enjoyed it. Well written and fast read. And I enjoyed following Phoebe on her journey to learn more about her powers and her father.
But I was missing some more humor and some romance. As in the first one :)
Therefor I chose to give it 4 out of 6 stars

Sad this story is over. But I have already bought myself more books by this author. Because she writes very well :) So looking forward to reading more of her stuff :D


Also Check out:
- Add to or read about on Goodreads
- My review of Book 1
- Authors homepage

Have you read this one? What did you think.. Or have you read any of her other books?


1 comment:

  1. Aw I'm sorry this one wasn't as good as the first book. I have never read anything by her even though I really really want to read her mermaid series.

    thanks for the great review

    ReplyDelete