Sunday, December 11, 2011

Review: Lost Voices by Sarah Porter

Lost Voices by Sarah Porter 



About the Book: 
This is the first book in a trilogy to be, by the same name, written by Sarah Porter
This book was first published in Juli 2011. While the sequel Waking Storms are going to be published July 2012. The third and last book The Twice Lost are expected released a year later, July 2013.

This is a different mermaid story, suitable for young girls in the age of 11 and up, I think :)

ISBN13: 9780547482507
304 pages
unless you listen to it as a audiobook like me, it´s a bit over 9 hours :)

Listened to: during August - November 2011
Language: English

Summary: (from Goodreads)
When fourteen-year-old Luce is assaulted on the cliffs near an Alaskan village, she expects to die when she tumbles into the icy water below. Instead, she transforms into a mermaid. Luce is thrilled with her new life—until she discovers the catch.

The Story:
You follow Luce and on her journey, the day she becomes a mermaid. But not a mermaid like we know them in the sweet fairytail stories. Her they are young girls who have had bad childhood or been abondonad. Then they become mermaids and start living a whole other life, under water.
Under water there are only some rules, which must be obaid.
You can never let a person live, if they have seen you. And the young girls take down big ships. Singing to them and killing the persons on board. While trying to get the flok to maintaine balanced. While more mermaids come to join them.

My Opinion:
Well.. This is not easy for me. I liked the whole thing with the mermaids being something different then I have heard of before. Mermaids who are young teenage girls, who kill ships full of men. That´s something different ;) So I really had expectations for this one. Specially since it was my first english audiobook and my first mermaid book.. But fortunatly it just didn´t do it for me.
I was easily bored in this story and I was constantly telling myself to sit down and listen so I just could get over with it and start a new one.
The whole idea was good enough, put the storyline was to long and boring. I never found a moment when I just had to keep on listening :( Took me 3 months to finish this audiobook.
Therefor I gave this book 2 out of 6 stars



Also Check Out:
- Read about or add to Goodreads
- Authors homepage 

Have you read this book? And what did you think of it? Did you enjoey it more then me :)
Hope so.. Hate when I don`t like a book. But cheer myself with the thought that some one out there is liking it :) Because there are different books for us all :D

Will you be cheking out book 2? I probably won´t but please if you read this and have read it. Please let me know what you think of the sequel. Did it get better?? :) I probably won`t pick up the sequel by my self. Normally I am like, maybe it gets better. But right now I got so many books to read. I gotta be a bit picky xD

No comments:

Post a Comment