Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Review: the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer



I must just say.. I am so so glad I listened to everyone, about this book.
Everyone has been praising it to the skyes.. And I will not end it ;) haha
I felt like the only person on blogworld who haden`t read this book. So
I did it.. I actually did it.. I went on and bought it and picked it up.. And am I greatfull.. Ohh yes..
I had hugh expectations for this book. I was so ready to get disapointed.
But luckily I wasen`t.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is the authors debut novel, whish was released in 2011.
Even though Michelle Hodkin has written a thick book, on about 450 pages, you are not bored.
She captured me in her writting, so even though it was a big book, I finished it in under a week.
I just had to read one more chapters. Which made it easy, since the chapters is such a nice size. Short. Not to long and not to short.. They were just perfect :P In my opinion.
I was not a big fan of main character, but I could still feel her frustration. When she could not figure out if things were real or not.
This book plays tricks with you. Coz sometimes she is dreaming and sometimes it`s real and not even the character knows whats going on.. So that`s what I liked about the book..
You were left thinking.. SAY WHAT..
And then the next moment you might be caught laughing out loud :P

Yup. You guessed it.. This book is getting on my favourite list.
And I have given it 6 out of 6 stars



I have already ordered book 2 ;) The Evolution of Mara Dyer. And I can`t wait to pick it up..
Hopefully it will arrive before my Easter break.. So I have something to read on the trip :P
I need more Noah.. I am totally in love with him.. Even though, yeah.. I have splits opinion on him.. Could talk about that forever xD haha
And I wanna see more to Jamie :P So hopefully there will be more of him in the sequel..
I loved that I nevere for saw what would come.. And hopefully the sequel is just as good :)

- Add or read about on Goodreads
- Authors homepage 

Have you read this book?  What did you think??

If your curious about it.. You should check out Alexa from Pages of Forbidden Love, she mad a videoblog review of the book. And she is one of the amazing bloggers who made me wanna read this book :)





3 comments:

  1. Yay I'm so glad that you read this and loved it. I have to agree with you that I didn't love Mara at first but she grew on me by the end of this book. I really need more of Jamie in the next book because I love him to pieces he is a favorite side character of mine.

    Aw thank you so much for mentioning my video review of the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I listened to your advice about this book :P

      I just started book 2.. And looks like there might be more Jamie ahead ;) YaY..

      Delete
  2. OHH! *_* Mara Dyer is one of my favourites!!! Isn't it creepy and dark, crazy and oh so sexy?! Loved it! The Evolution was just as insane!! Hope get it very very soon;)

    ReplyDelete